Pilates is an innovative and safe system of mind-body exercise using a floor mat or a variety of equipment. Pilates builds strength without excess bulk, capable of creating a sleek, toned body. Pilates also improves flexibility, agility, and economy of motion
Benefits of Pilates includes:
- Enhanced mobility, agility and stamina
- Offers relief from back pain and join stress
- Creates a stronger, more flexible spine
- Helps restore postural alignment
- Improves mood and reduces stress
- Reverses the loss of bone and muscle strength and keeps your body from weakening with age
- Increases joint range of motion
Kim Minervini, PT, MS, has been a physical therapist for over 20 years, specializing in outpatient orthopedics and sports medicine. Her love of fitness and exercise has led her towards attainment of certifications in Pilates and Strength & Conditioning.
Kim has additional certifications in Group Fitness, as well as Golf Biomechanics and Kettlebells. If your fitness goals include weight loss and/or muscle gain, let Kim’s expertise assist in a fun and effective way!
We are pleased to have Kim as an instructor for Pilates and personal training at West Milford Physical Therapy Center.